Vegetarian Snow Pear and Corn Soup
Soup Name: Vegetarian Snow Pear and Corn Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 雪梨玉米湯 (xuě lí yù mǐ tāng)
This simple, clean and very sweet soup is great for people with sore throats or heaty bodies. You can actually drink it cold or hot and it’s ideal for all seasons. I’ve decided to go meatless because I wanted to drink it cool and it turned out fabulous. Fat free, oil free and made with all natural ingredients, it’s great for kids and adults alike.
What ingredients are required?
2 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Wash and prepare all the vegetables and snow pears
- Boil your soup water
- When your soup water boils, throw all the ingredients together
- Boil on high heat for 30 minutes and reduce to a medium boil for another 1 hour
- Serve and enjoy!
- Meatless soup is great for vegetarians and is fat and oil free
- Helps cool the body
- Great for sore throats
- Excellent source of Vitamin C
- Can be drank both cold or hot
- Snow pears are a cooling food, so may not be suitable for all consumers