Fresh Snow Pears in Chicken Soup with Snow Fungus
Soup Name: Fresh Snow Pears in Chicken Soup with Snow Fungus
Traditional Chinese Name: 雪梨雪耳雞湯 (xuě lí xuě ěr jī tāng)
This end of autumn and into winter soup is slightly sweet, not too cooling and is deliciously simple to make. With only a handful of ingredients, it is an ideal soup for the whole family and will have your kids asking for more. Add more pears to sweeten it, but you can also use the Chicken Herbal Soup base to start as well.
What ingredients are required?
2 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- Rinse and soak dried snow fungus in a bowl of enough water to immerse it in for about an hour (or until soft)
- Clean and prepare the chicken
- Boil a pot of water to blanch the chicken in and when water boils, add in the chicken and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Drain and set aside
- Cut the soaked snow fungus into edible portions while discarding the core (which is usually very yellow and hard)
- Boil your soup water
- Prepare the snow pears by coring and halving (keeping the skin will prevent disintegration)
- Add all the ingredients together and boil on high for 30 minutes. Reduce to a low boil for another hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Excellent source of collagen (from the snow fungus)
- Naturally sweet and packed with Vitamin C
- Helps nourish the lungs, assist with cough and soothe the throat
- Be sure to purchase snow fungus from a reputable source and rinse thoroughly before consumption