Dried Lily Flower
8 November 2010 5,314 views 5 Comments
Ingredient Name: Dried lily flower
Traditional Chinese Name: 金針花 (jin zhen hua)
What is this?
- This is literally the dried petals of lily flowers
- When cooked into soups or stir-fried, it remains closed (as pictured above)
- It has a spongy texture and an earthy, slightly sweet taste (similar to golden mushrooms)
How do I prepare it?
- Soak in warm water for 30 minutes
- Cut off any hardened ends
- Rinse well before use
Where can I buy this?
- Dried lily flowers can be purchased at almost all Asian dried food shops.
What is the cost?
- The cost is very affordable. The amount pictured above cost less than $2 CAD.
- Eating lily flowers is said to help relieve liver stagnation
- Lily flower tea can help to moisten lungs and alleviate coughs
- None that we know of