Corn with Ham in Turkey Broth
Soup Name: Corn with Ham in Turkey Broth
Traditional Chinese Name: 玉米火腿火雞湯 (yù mǐ huǒ tuǐ huǒ jī tāng)
A simple, delicious and easy to make soup with readily available ingredients from your supermarket. It’s healthy with minimal fat and the kids devoured it!
2-3 L of water
How do I prepare it
- In a pot, add water and honey dates and bring to a boil
- Rinse and de-bone turkey legs
- Rinse corn and using a sharp knife, slice the corn off the cob by holding the corn upright (optional – but my kids love to eat the pieces of corn floating in the soup)
- Rinse ham in warm water and slice into edible pieces
- When your soup water boils, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and reduce simmer for about an hour (this is to let the turkey meat soften and release flavors)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Easy to make and delicious
- Quick soup that requires little preparation
- Excellent source of protein
- Turkey thighs are a low fat meat that is high in Vitamin B’s
- None! Enjoy!