Chicken Soup with Baby Wintermelon and Corn
Soup Name: Chicken Soup with Baby Wintermelon and Corn
A very healthy and sweet soup that is ideal for children and toddlers. It’s unique color and ingredients make it slightly cooling and helps maintain internal moisture. Although the ingredients aren’t the easiest to find, you can always substitute regular corn for the variety of corn.
How do I prepare it?
Wash and prepare chicken by cutting into quarters (remove organs)
Blanch chicken in a pot of hot water
- Start boiling your soup water
- Cut winter melon into large cubes (keeping the skin in order to prevent it from disintegrating)
- Rinse ginkgo biloba in warm water
- Once water is boiling, add all the ingredients together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes. Reduce to simmering for 2 hours (or use internal pot).
- Serve and enjoy!
Very sweet soup that is ideal in the summer
The winter melon help reduce heatiness and cool the body
Ideal for children and toddlers to consume (reduce the amount of ginkgo biloba if deemed necessary)
- Since winter melons are a cooling food, it is suggested that women who are pregnant less than 3 months into term should avoid cooling foods
- This also applies to women who are menstruating as it may cause undesired contractions
- Do not give ginkgo biloba to children to eat – especially if consumed in large quantities, can be poisonous