Beetroot Vegetables with Pork Ribs Soup
Soup Name: Beetroot Vegetables with Pork Ribs Soup
Traditional Chinese Name: 紅菜頭集菜湯 (hóng cài tóu jí cài tāng)
Amount serves: 6-8 soup bowls
What Ingredients are required?
2 L of water
How do I prepare it?
- In a small pot, boil some water to blanch your pork ribs
- Blanch the ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, drain and set aside (some people rinse the pork ribs with warm water to rinse away the brown foam that usually surfaces when blanching pork)
- In your soup pot, start boiling the water
- Prepare all your vegetables
- When the water boils, add all the vegetables and the blanched pork and longans together
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and reduce to a medium simmer for another 1.5 hours (or use a thermal pot)
- Serve and enjoy!
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and antioxidants
- Eats like a meal with plenty of vegetables (and great source of fiber)
- Excellent in supporting blood supplement and helps lower blood pressure (because the beetroot contains nitrates which help open the blood vessels and helps with circulation)
- Consumption of beetroot may turn your urine or stool slightly reddish, there is nothing to fear in this as it is harmless. Just let it pass through your system.
- The colour of the beetroot will stain your hands, so either wear gloves or use some lemon juice to help remove
Tags: beetroot soup, Chinese beetroot soup, chinese soup, chinese soup recipe, chinese soup recipes, chinese soups, pork ribs, vegetable soup