Abalone in Chicken Soup
Soup Name: Abalone in Chicken Soup
What Ingredients are required?
1 fresh whole chicken, prepared and quartered
1 pound of fresh pork shank (or any other pork parts for soups is suitable)
6-7 fresh small abalones (or dried)
5-6 dried scallops (conpoys)
1 handful of wolfberries
20 g of dried peanuts (for soups)
20 g of euryale or fox nuts
5 sticks of dried Chinese yam
2 litres of water
How do I prepare it?
Prepare chicken (in quarters) by rinsing and blanching in a pot of boiling water (let it boil for about 2-3 minutes)
- Remove chicken and set aside
- Boil your pork in the same pot of boiling water as the chicken (for 2-3 minutes)
- Drain water and set aside
Wash and clean abalone (with a toothbrush to be sure to brush off all the black residue)
- Wash and soak for 10 minutes all the dried herbs
Boil your soup water
When your soup water is boiling, add all the ingredients together
Boil on high heat for 30 minutes and reduce to low boil for another 2 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
Excellent warming soup for cold days
Good to increase blood circulation and blood flow
It is considered to be of the “healing” categories of soup
If used for confinement, you can make the soup more concentrated (less water or more ingredients)
As the whole chicken can be oily, be sure to remove all oil before serving
Minimize herbs when used for children (above sampling suggested)
- Peanuts are also introduced in this soup, so remove or avoid giving to children as suggested with potential peanut allergies